What is Karma?
- Karma is the Sanskrit word for action. It is equivalent to Newton’s law of ‘every action must have a reaction’.
- When we think, speak or act, we initiate a force that will react accordingly. This returning force maybe modified, changed or suspended; but most people will not be able eradicate it.
- This law of cause and effect is not punishment, but is wholly for the sake of education or learning.
- A person may not escape the consequences of his actions, but he will suffer only if he himself has made the conditions ripe for his suffering.
- Ignorance of the law is no excuse, whether the laws are man-made, or universal.
To stop being afraid, and to start being empowered in the worlds of karma and reincarnation, here is what you need to know about karmic laws.
- THE GREAT LAW
– “As you sow, so shall you reap”. This is also known as the “Law of Cause and Effect”. Whatever we put out in the Universe is what comes back to us.
– If what we want is Happiness, Peace, Love, Friendship…Then we should BE Happy, Peaceful, Loving and a True Friend.
- THE LAW OF CREATION
– Life doesn’t just HAPPEN, it requires our participation.
– We are one with the Universe, both inside and out.
– Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state.
– BE yourself, and surround yourself with what you want to have present in your Life.
- THE LAW OF HUMILITY
– What you refuse to accept, will continue for you.
– If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative, then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.
- THE LAW OF GROWTH
– “Wherever you go, there you are”.
– For us to GROW in Spirit, it is we who must change and not the people, places or things around us.
– The only given we have in our lives is OURSELVES and that is the only factor we have control over.
– When we change who and what we are within our heart our life follows suit and changes too.
- THE LAW OF RESPONSIBILITY
– Whenever there is something wrong in my life, there is something wrong in me.
– We mirror what surrounds us, and what surrounds us mirrors us; this is a Universal Truth.
– We must take responsibility what is in our life.
- THE LAW OF CONNECTION
– Even if something we do seems inconsequential, it is very important that it gets done as everything in the Universe is connected.
– Each step leads to the next step, and so forth and so on.
– Someone must do the initial work to get a job done.
– Neither the first step nor the last are of greater significance, as they were both needed to accomplish the task.
– Past-Present-Future they are all connected…
- THE LAW OF FOCUS
– You can not think of two things at the same time.
– When our focus is on Spiritual Values, it is impossible for us to have lower thoughts such as greed or anger.
- THE LAW OF GIVING AND HOSPITALITY
– If you believe something to be true,then sometime in your life you will be called upon to demonstrate that particular truth.
– Here is where we put what we CLAIM that we have learned, into actual PRACTICE.
- THE LAW OF HERE AND NOW
– Looking backward to examine what was, prevents us from being totally in the HERE AND NOW.
– Old thoughts, old patterns of behavior, old dreams…prevent us from having new ones.
- THE LAW OF CHANGE
– History repeats itself until we learn the lessons that we need to change our path.
- THE LAW OF PATIENCE AND REWARD
– All Rewards require initial toil.
– Rewards of lasting value require patient and persistent toil.
– True joy follows doing what we’re suppose to be doing, and waiting for the reward to come in on its own time.
- THE LAW OF SIGNIFICANCE AND INSPIRATION
– You get back from something whatever YOU have put into it.
– The true value of something is a direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it.
– Every personal contribution is also a contribution to the Whole.
– Lack luster contributions have no impact on the Whole, nor do they work to diminish it.
– Loving contributions bring life to, and inspire, the Whole.